On top of the hill the dogs wait patiently. I write. Summer, sunshine. This morning there have been ravens flying north, chough, foxgloves, eyebright and ladies bedstraw, lichen, moss and gorse, linnet, lark, hedgesparrow and wren, buzzard and a sleek, fast hawk. In the field a vixen slinks across the grass and two cubs come out to her. They feed in the sunshine then play while she goes to hunt field voles and i sit hunting words and dreaming of islands and hares. And the dogs wait, patiently.
Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.