Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
Let me tell you something, something about my bear. I have been wanting to gather a collection of images of people with their bears, with a few words about them. To begin I thought I would find my bear. Last … Continue reading
Beautiful days at the end of summer are too good to waste. We walked out of the door into the sunshine. The White Cat had been waiting. So quick to become a creature of habit, he knew I would walk … Continue reading
These paintings are for Karin, Queen of the Weasels, Mother of Mary, Grand Ring-Mistress of the Mad Circus of Celestine. Emily loves her Wren and The Two Chokliteers. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook … Continue reading
In the night it rained. A fierce rain that fell fast and furious from a dark sky. For days it has been dry and the land is parched and the soil a hard drum. The sound of rain falling in … Continue reading
Next Wednesday ( 24th Sept 4-7.30) at Solva Woollen Mill I will be launching two books. One is Something About a Bear, written and illustrated by me, published by Frances Lincoln Children’s Books. The other is Cat Walk, written by … Continue reading
Feathers and flight. Watercolour, gold leaf. Raven, chough, jay, jay, magpie, magpie, crow? Rook? raven, jay. If you find a fallen feather, please think of me. ( For where to send and what see this: Feathered.) Blog this! Bookmark on … Continue reading
On 21st September at Mathry Hall in Pembrokeshire Johnny Flynn will be playing at a gig to raise money for the Global White Lion Protection Trust. (Lots of small pieces of beautiful Pembrokeshire in this film.) Here Jerome Flynn speaks … Continue reading
With the launch of Cat Walk almost here the time has come to start working on Cat Talk. So, to clear the head this morning I went for a walk and because only The White Cat came we walked a … Continue reading
Recently I had the great good fortune to walk with wolves and Robin Hobb and Jane Johnson. We talked a little, about writing and birds, feathers and wolves, Alaska and books. Robin found a jay’s feather that I want to … Continue reading