Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
This is the fourth piece I am going to auction off, a fragment of things from my studio. It’s a curious way to tidy up. Still, to be honest there’s not much tidying being done. Some packing and posting, hardly … Continue reading
This is the third piece I am going to auction off, a fragment of things from my studio. It’s a curious way to tidy up. But to be honest there’s not much tidying being done. To bid, please place a … Continue reading
Over the next few days I am going to auction off some fragments of things from my studio. It’s a curious way to tidy up. To bid, please place a comment on this posting. If you win the auction I … Continue reading
Over the next few days I am going to auction off some fragments of things from my studio. To bid, please place a comment on this posting. If you win the auction I will ask you to donate the money … Continue reading
Almost on the day that The Lost Words was launched, the most extraordinary project took seed. Jane, in Scotland, decided that the book needs to be in every primary school in Scotland and that she was going to do something … Continue reading
Words will be added later. For now, here’s a photo essay of parts of the last two weeks, from Pembrokeshire to London, to Ennerdale and beyond, then home. In the Natural History Museum, I signed stock for Sarah who runs … Continue reading
I think I have travelled another 2000 miles, to the Lake District, to Hay, where the snow had settled on the hills. The past two months have been movement and learning, and now I ned to paint. In all the … Continue reading
Sitting here now in my studio it’s hard to remember some of the last month. It seems like no time at all has passed, and yet I have travelled 2158 mile, and more to be back where I started. The … Continue reading
Get a cup of tea, sit back, and listen to Mr Macfarlane talking about The Lost Words. When I was a child there were more sparrows, blackbirds, thrushes. This book is a song of protest in words and paint, a … Continue reading