Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
“Mary”, I said, “I’m tired.” “Me too,” said Mary. “It was fun though.” “Yes. What an adventure. Hard to think where to begin. So many exciting things.” “Start at the beginning,” said Mary. “Ok. Well, I was scared of flying, … Continue reading
A Kelpie is a Scottish water horse. Should you ever meet one do not be tempted to climb onto its back to ride as it will take you to water and drown you. It is a creature of myth and … Continue reading
On the underground. Poster. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr it Tweet about it Subscribe to the comments on this post Tell a friend
During a twitter conversation with Foyles Bookstore a couple of days ago I realised one of the reasons it had taken me seven years to find a publisher for Cat Walk was because it is ‘uncategorizable’. Foyles kindly sent me … Continue reading
Mary said, “Why are you collecting feathers?” And I said, “It’s a secret Mary. Something I am working on.” Mary said, “Are people sending you feathers?” And I said, “Yes. Some people are sending me great bunches of feathers and … Continue reading
When I am writing my bag goes everywhere with me. Even into my studio. Usually I write on the hill, looking out over the sea, but when a story is nagging you never know when you might catch a word … Continue reading
Today I decided to walk to work. I set off, with book and pen, dogs and camera, up the hill, past toadflax, down to the see and out onto the wild land that is St Davids Head. But this land … Continue reading
For some years now Solva Woollen Mill have been a fantastic supporter of my work. They not only sell my books, they also work to sell signed copies of the books online and post to anywhere in the world. They … Continue reading
Prowl through the memories and imaginations of readers around the world. Nighteyes. One of my favourite fictional characters, born from the pen of the wonderful Robin Hobb, whose latest book, Fool’s Assassin is published in August. Fitz and the Fool. … Continue reading