Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
At the end of the beach the light was so beautiful, the stone so sculpted by time, tide and weather, that I walked back to the van to get my phone to take photos so that I could share. I … Continue reading
Momentarily, in between books, a painting escaped, requested by Patrick Rothfuss to add to his range of things on the World Builders website. The Name of the Wind and Wise Man’s fear are a wonderful epic tale. I wait patiently … Continue reading
Endpapers are my favourite part of any book. They are the theatre curtains that rise as you open the book and close at the end of reading. They are free from type, and they can make the space in a … Continue reading
Yesterday Ffion drove me to Swansea to collect new van. She’s Pearl Black ( at the moment). This morning I sat at the beach after walking, and wrote in her. I think she looks like a builder’s funeral chariot. Ivy … Continue reading
When you go to the bank to agree a loan for purchase of new vehicle, always be sure to wear; Bear’s ears from Spirit Hoods. Because bears are wise. A silver hare from Maria at Little feathers Gallery, for courage.3. … Continue reading
It’s not that I didn’t love her. We travelled so far together. It’s just that there comes a time when things change, one or other moves on. We met some time ago when she was with someone else. I still … Continue reading
Walking. It has rained so much that I have lost the habit, spending time trying to get to my desk. I have to write. I need to think. One more painting to do then another book finished. But the land … Continue reading
The 2016 calendar from Graffeg has almost sold out but it is still possible to get hold of one. In the time before Christmas, when I could only pick away at an hour here, an hour there I found myself … Continue reading
A conversation with a friend made me realise something. He asked how things were going and I said I was frustrated because life was getting in the way of painting. He said, “You are lucky. Some people work to live. … Continue reading