Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
Meg Rosoff asked me yesterday ‘do you EVER do any work?’ My answer is: Out, walking, early. All the time I was walking I was watching the light through the trees, the squirrels in the canopy, deer in the woods … Continue reading
Time moves too fast. On Wednesday we drove to Dulverton, via Keeble Antiques where I signed books for Clive who is a great supporter of my books. We arrived at Number Seven and tumbled in to the chaos of Davina … Continue reading
The film lasts 3 minutes 56 seconds. The painting took 5 days, and 54 years. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr it Tweet about it … Continue reading
Maybe it was because I had phoned the vet, paid the bill, for Little Leopard who died last week. Maybe that was it. Whatever, you know how it goes. You are getting on with life then sorrow hits you like … Continue reading
I went for a walk with a cat and a dog and I sat on a hill above the sea while a raven flew circles around me. It was so still I could hear the air move in the raven’s … Continue reading
I walked the land this morning, with The White Cat and The Grey Dog. As we walked I thought. It’s easy to think in the company of animals. I thought about the work I have to do, and I thought … Continue reading
The best days begin with reading. And I have been trapped in Fairyland with Thomas the Rhymer by Ellen Kushner, a glorious book. Next, a walk. A short walk to the top of the hill and for the first time … Continue reading
The White Cat has obviously been taking lessons from David Attenborough. Here he is, commenting on seals in Pembrokeshire: Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr … Continue reading
This weekend saw the launch of The Wild Swans into the world. To mark the occasion I spent the day at Solva Woollen Mill, reading, knitting, talking, signing books. And people joined me, with and without their knitting. There is … Continue reading