Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
It’s like a curious trade. I paint otters to sell, and the money becomes books that are given to schools, to green the classrooms and act as a catalyst for learning natural literacy. I’m working on three things at the … Continue reading
I will sell you my morning memories, and the gold soul of a sea-smoothed beach stone. £250 for The Lost Words for Nottinghamshire. Email me to secure, as this is an original piece. Made from time, memories, white gold transfer … Continue reading
Just the most exciting thing. And I would write more but I’ve so much work to do. So, have a look at this, Spellsongs. Browse the website for more. I’m so very excited. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this … Continue reading
The first, below, painted with Japanese ink, brought back fro me by Katherine Rundell who writes wonderful books, painted on Khadi Paper. £250 (sold) The second, stamped with 26 otters of the alphabet spells ‘love & hope’ and is £65. … Continue reading
Next weekend it’s open gardens in St Davids. I will be reading in Ty Uchaf, Treleddyd fawr, from The Lost Words and Mrs Noah’s Garden ( unpublished) as well as talking about writing, painting. I may ink an otter or … Continue reading
Some days are filled with thought. And much like other days. At Aber Mawr I gilded two stones, one large, left standing, below the tide line. The second was smaller, placed at the crossing, where people look down at … Continue reading
Yesterday I took the dogs to Aber Bach. In my bag I carried white gold leaf, a dog tooth burnisher, an old brush and some gold sizing. At the beach I found a stone. Someone had balanced it on a … Continue reading
Each year I paint a Christmas card for Help Musicians. The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow began as cards painted over about seventeen years, and became a book. This year’s card is late as I have had so many … Continue reading
Last night I stayed up too late playing with ink. I had found a small stick of old ink in my new /old paintbox, and in the afternoon painted two otters, one of which sold, and the other was reserved, … Continue reading