Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
She walks, and if A small piece of her soul was missing, Isn’t that always the way? In darkness the soul stitcher worked, Piecing the remnants together with silk thread, A stitch at a time. And all that remained of … Continue reading
For a while now I have been wondering about gold leaf fragments. Sometimes they are lovely. And for a while I have been wondering about stitching them together to make quilts of leaf. As Lambeth and Wandsworth is now fully … Continue reading
So, imagine the world. It seems as if the human world is in quite a mess at the moment, getting deeper in, not deeper out. And the trouble with this is that because as a species we are, or feel … Continue reading
It is time to introduce you formally to the twenty-six otters of the alphabet. They have been made for me, from my original painting, by the wonderful team at The English Stamp Company. Now it is time to use them … Continue reading
Once upon a time, not so long ago two illustrators were talking. Both were struggling with aspects of the world of publishing. Both worked hard for a living. Neither were particularly happy. And during the conversation, about crafting of books … Continue reading
Too much travelling around leaves my mind unravelling. Back home in my studio I had a week to try and pull myself together for a photography shoot. Now, that’s even worse than being away. The more travelling I do the … Continue reading
Words for sale. Small drawing of swallow, a sketch in pencil, will be added. £75 SOLD to The #AcornIsToWood campaign. Written, on my dad’s old green typewriter, in between tidying studio. The keys are racing green. I need to … Continue reading
There are so many crowdfunding sites springing up to bring The Lost Words into schools in the UK. Jane Beaton’s campaign in Scotland was successful and the books are beginning to work their way into schools now. In Suffolk the … Continue reading
I have to say that I hold Robert Macfarlane entirely to blame for what you will read next. For a while I have had in my head a desire to paint the twenty-six otters of the alphabet. Why? Well, in … Continue reading