Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
Some days are filled with thought. And much like other days. At Aber Mawr I gilded two stones, one large, left standing, below the tide line. The second was smaller, placed at the crossing, where people look down at … Continue reading
Yesterday I took the dogs to Aber Bach. In my bag I carried white gold leaf, a dog tooth burnisher, an old brush and some gold sizing. At the beach I found a stone. Someone had balanced it on a … Continue reading
Each year I paint a Christmas card for Help Musicians. The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow began as cards painted over about seventeen years, and became a book. This year’s card is late as I have had so many … Continue reading
Last night I stayed up too late playing with ink. I had found a small stick of old ink in my new /old paintbox, and in the afternoon painted two otters, one of which sold, and the other was reserved, … Continue reading
I’ve loved the music of Karine Polwart for a long time. She had been in touch with both Nicola Davies and myself, and offered us tickets for her amazing show, Wind Resistance. She had also sent me a copy of … Continue reading
So many people have set up crowdfunders since Jane Beaton successfully raised enough money to place The Lost Words in schools in Scotland. So many have been successful and the books are working their way into schools. Now Lincolnshire have … Continue reading
The last few weeks have been a curious roller coaster of days, from London to home, missing the wonderful opening of the exhibition at the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh where the Lost Words artwork and words are currently residing, to … Continue reading
She walks, and if A small piece of her soul was missing, Isn’t that always the way? In darkness the soul stitcher worked, Piecing the remnants together with silk thread, A stitch at a time. And all that remained of … Continue reading
For a while now I have been wondering about gold leaf fragments. Sometimes they are lovely. And for a while I have been wondering about stitching them together to make quilts of leaf. As Lambeth and Wandsworth is now fully … Continue reading