Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
I was reading American Gods by Neil Gaimon, the folio Society one, with the amazing pictures. Then this arrived. Tatterdemalion. And I loved the way it had no title on the cover , and the wonderful production of it, making … Continue reading
Yesterday, when walking up the hill and writing, I walked back down via a tumbled wall. Here the stones are alive with lichen. I picked one up, selected from the centre, and took it home. I promised the hill I … Continue reading
We parked at the car park, walked down the green lane. Only a short walk to the sea, past the blackthorn and wind woven tree. A suntrap of boulders and stones, with red Caerfai rock and a lazy sea. In … Continue reading
To the beach early, to leave a stone. This one may be found, before the tide takes it as Whitesands will be busy, but then the beach is big, maybe no one will walk past it. We walk down to … Continue reading
Painting on stone with gold. This one, found by Robin on Abermawr, smooth and mottled like seal skin. The gold say well on the skin of the stone. I gave it back to him, changed with gold. I painted a … Continue reading
Last week I finished work on The Lost Words. I’ve worked for 30 years or more, illustrating and then writing and illustrating books, making covers for the books of others and making a living. So many books. And I thought … Continue reading
Today I walked on the beach. We had a mission, to leave a gift. Sunlight and blue sky and sand patterns entranced. We played with the light and the water, splintering it to diamond flecks of brightness. Pi discovered a … Continue reading
I have less than a week now to finish all of the artwork for The Lost Words. It’s been a long, hard, intense period of work. When I have finished I am going to go on holiday for a week, … Continue reading
Ever since the day I first saw the French edition of The Snow Leopard I have wanted my books to be published in this larger format. From the first I was told no, by editorial and sales. Bookshops won’t like … Continue reading