Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
The Lost Words, by Robert Macfarlane and myself is done now. Soon it will be released into the wild. As a picture book it is a collaboration of words, images. Both Robert and myself worked closely with each other and … Continue reading
She’s ten years old this year, The Snow Leopard. First published by Frances Lincoln children’s books. And they sold her to a French publisher, who astonished me with their beautiful edition. You see… ..La Panthere Blanche was bigger, and somehow … Continue reading
On 28th September, at Solva Woollen Mill, between the hours of 1 and 7pm we will be having a celebration of the launch into the book world of Mrs Noah’s Pockets, illustrated by James Mayhew, The Lost Words, written by … Continue reading
Big bales of silage in the fields fascinated me yesterday with their curious reflections. Updated computer frustrated my wishes, but now I begin to fit my head around the changes and all comes together. The White Cat does so love … Continue reading
Every year I donate a piece of work to the small art auction for Acorn Children’s Hospice, run by Sue Lim from Blue Ginger Gallery. This year I will be donating two pieces. On 9th September, in the afternoon I … Continue reading
First published in The Fox Book edited by Jane Russ, published by Graffeg, The Black Fox is a story of courage, and something more than revenge. The Black Fox This story is dedicated to all those who are hunted. There … Continue reading
And then began the longest blog post so get a cup of tea before you start. On Thursday 10th I set off alone in my big black van, leaving Pi in the care of Sarah and Ben at The Bug … Continue reading
This year I have six books out. Four are re-issues, two are new. On Monday I will be at Edinburgh Festival with James Mayhew for the launch of Mrs Noah’s Pockets. This is a book I wrote, and it is … Continue reading
So many people, who know little about not much, will take to social media to denounce people who have studied subjects for years. Walking the other day I found a feather, and wondered, if I found such a thing, but … Continue reading