Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Author Archives: Jackie
When I was a child we had few books in my house.We used the library. My reading was slow, very behind my age, until I caught the trick of it. One Saturday I took my pocket money to W … Continue reading
The Lost Words took two and a bit years to make, from idea to publication. While I was illustrating The Lost Words another book of mine was in the making. With Lost Words I worked with Robert Macfarlane. He wrote, … Continue reading
In the time between now and the finishing of The Lost Words I have been, odd times, here and there, gilding stones and placing them into the landscape. Sometimes by the sea, sometimes in streams, one in a castle. Here … Continue reading
These days I don’t tend to keep books. I pass them on. I like them to be living in the hands of readers rather than slumbering on my shelves. Over Christmas I joined in the mass read of The Dark … Continue reading
This is the fifth piece I am going to auction off, a fragment of things from my studio. It’s a curious way to tidy up. Still, to be honest there’s not much tidying being done. Some packing and posting, hardly … Continue reading
As the new year rolls in, and it becomes time to reflect on the old all I can think is, wow. What a year that was. The beginning was hard, hard, pushing to meet the deadline, shape and craft The … Continue reading
This is the fourth piece I am going to auction off, a fragment of things from my studio. It’s a curious way to tidy up. Still, to be honest there’s not much tidying being done. Some packing and posting, hardly … Continue reading
This is the third piece I am going to auction off, a fragment of things from my studio. It’s a curious way to tidy up. But to be honest there’s not much tidying being done. To bid, please place a … Continue reading
Over the next few days I am going to auction off some fragments of things from my studio. It’s a curious way to tidy up. To bid, please place a comment on this posting. If you win the auction I … Continue reading