Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
This is a tale of some magic. An elemental story. It concerns an event that took place on Saturday in Cambridge when Robert Macfarlane and I got together for Cambridge Literary Festival to talk about the extraordinary wild life of … Continue reading
I am dreaming in ink and wishing to write in otters. But I have made promises, so other work needs doing before I can play. This week I have been working on a Christmas card design for Suffolk Wildlife Trust. … Continue reading
Since Christmas an extraordinary thing has happened. People have joined together, from all over the UK, to support fundraising campaigns to purchase copies of The Lost Words to be placed in schools. Such open hearted generosity towards our book has … Continue reading
Down to the stream, where otters swim to the sea, with a stone and a bottle. River water for painting. River water, collected at Ninewells for otter painting. Stone gift left, with palladium A post shared by Jackie … Continue reading
Mixing watercolour, gold leaf, ink, otters, stone. Large piece. £1 500 Below, smaller swimmer…… £375, ink and riverwater Below, two small round otters to make into stamps with the English Stamp Company. Below, small, curled otter £400. Sleeping, and dreaming … Continue reading
The Lost Words has been out in the world for a while now. Both Robert and myself were delighted when we heard that it was shortlisted for The British Book Awards Children’s Book of the Year, alongside Goodnight Stories for … Continue reading
First, gild a stone to leave as a gift, then walk, along the path that leads to a beach of stones, a small beach, Aberbach. Here, place a stone in the water, where the fresh rushes down to meet the … Continue reading
As an author/illustrator, especially in the field of books for children, we are often asked to go in to schools to talk about our work. It’s wonderful to be asked, and I have learnt so much from children on my … Continue reading
Day began with waking to the call of a curlew, winter on wings, piping in the day. Day began with posting something off, a proposal, for something new, which may happen, but might not. Then walking the hounds. Beautiful horses, … Continue reading