Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Going to clear a space and get the type writer out again. I write differently with a type writer. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on … Continue reading
On closer inspection it became obvious. The fox had not been dancing alone. The Queen of Winter, who loved him so, had frozen the pond especially to dance with her russet darling. In a moment of careless abandon she discarded … Continue reading
Don’t get me wrong. I feel lucky to be able to paint and write for a living. It is only possible because people buy my books, paintings and prints. When I was a child I was told that I couldn’t … Continue reading
Home in my studio again. This week has been one of sending off artwork, walking with dogs, raising money for charity, stirring a big pot of trouble, reading, reviews, thinking, and signing books in Llandeilo. In Eve’s Toyshop the window … Continue reading
I have done some of the things on my list today. The walk on the beach was filled with light and water and cold and the wind. At home I made a gold soul of a skylark. And I heard … Continue reading
The head of a teasel, russet against a winter sky. Bracken in autumn, tangled in hedges. A toffee waffle. Pi. Someone once said that my blog ( which I began years ago in 2005) reminded them of The Pillowbook of … Continue reading
A story. A small gift. It’s all I have to give you. The Soul Jar. His herd of cows was small. Each day he walked them to grass. Each night he brought them home to the safety of the ring … Continue reading
Now and again I give work to charity auctions and there have been a fair few over the past few weeks. The above piece has 3 days to go at auction to raise money for a hospice, and here is … Continue reading
First, on the way, like dark accidental calligraphy, a bird, on a wire. Beautiful. Sad. It flew. At the beach to clear the fire from inside my head. With friends. We played with water and light today. And with time. … Continue reading