Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Yesterday my friend Nicola Davies asked if she could read something to me. I said yes. I love it when she calls and reads to me. I still remember the first time I heard her read The Promise. I was … Continue reading
When your friend emails and asks if they can read you something, something that is a rough first draft, and that friend is Nicola Davies you know you are in for a treat. Nic face-timed me. I was doodling a … Continue reading
Dear Stephen Crabb, You are my member for parliament. Yesterday you voted against allowing 3 000 unaccompanied children into the UK. Now, as a children’s author and illustrator I should declare an interest here. I write books about the wild … Continue reading
Get a cup of tea. This blog post is about to break ALL the rules of blogging. It’s long. You will need refreshment along the way. But that’s what some rules are for, to be broken. Last weekend saw the relaunch … Continue reading
When a book is shortlisted for the Greenaway award they send a film crew to talk to you about the book. Some films are made in the publishers offices, but for me, the crew came to my house. And I … Continue reading
2nd April, Hans Christian Anderson’s birthday, and since the 1960’s International Children’s Book Day. To celebrate, here are some of my favourite International authors, books. Shaun Tan. Rebecca Dautremer And I am pleased to say that many of my books … Continue reading
Beneath the surface of the sea silver seals swim. And when they come to land they lie upon the pebbled beaches, dappled skin blending with subtle sea smoothed stones. And once, when walking, years ago, the landscape encased in mist … Continue reading
On Wednesday, after months of very hard work, my wonderful friend Ffion, of Queen of the Sky fame, launched herself into a new venture. Ffion has worked the waters off the coast of Pembrokeshire all her adult life. She loves … Continue reading
Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr it Tweet about it Subscribe to the comments on this post Tell a friend