Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Tamsin Abbott came to stay a couple of weeks ago, just briefly, but it was good to see her. I first met her work, through the Earth Pathways Diary, and then was introduced to her by Hannah Willow at Art … Continue reading
This morning we walked in sunshine to the hill’s top then over along the ancient pathways to the old village of Maes y Mynydd. Soon The Seal Children will be republished in hardback ( second hand hardback copies seem to … Continue reading
So many people have said how much they love the library cards that I asked Graffeg if they might make a set of postcards from them. These were launched on National Library Day. Mary and Little P decided they needed … Continue reading
Some time ago I was commissioned to design 12 library cards for 4 London library authorities. The brief was very open. The last 3 cards were launched on National Libraries Day and to help Chiswick and Gayton libraries celebrate I … Continue reading
At the end of the beach the light was so beautiful, the stone so sculpted by time, tide and weather, that I walked back to the van to get my phone to take photos so that I could share. I … Continue reading
Momentarily, in between books, a painting escaped, requested by Patrick Rothfuss to add to his range of things on the World Builders website. The Name of the Wind and Wise Man’s fear are a wonderful epic tale. I wait patiently … Continue reading
Endpapers are my favourite part of any book. They are the theatre curtains that rise as you open the book and close at the end of reading. They are free from type, and they can make the space in a … Continue reading
Yesterday Ffion drove me to Swansea to collect new van. She’s Pearl Black ( at the moment). This morning I sat at the beach after walking, and wrote in her. I think she looks like a builder’s funeral chariot. Ivy … Continue reading
When you go to the bank to agree a loan for purchase of new vehicle, always be sure to wear; Bear’s ears from Spirit Hoods. Because bears are wise. A silver hare from Maria at Little feathers Gallery, for courage.3. … Continue reading