Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A question, found on a tag, beneath a sand glass hour timer. On the will crag of an eerie not far from here, in the crook of a raven’s claw is the other half of…..? I walked to the high … Continue reading
Nine white mice, happy as can be, with tiny china teacups and a big pot of tea. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr it Tweet … Continue reading
I first visited The Rainwilds when I worked on the covers of Robin Hobb’s brilliant books. To coincide with the publication of Fool’s Quest a ‘new look’ was commissioned by Harper Collins for the whole backlist. Amazingly I was asked … Continue reading
Six bright tigers, playing pat-a-cake. I had help with my tigers from the wonderful photo set by Suzi Eszterhas, wonderful photographer of glorious wild things. I was lucky enough to meet Suzi in Seattle. Her patience, composition, artistry are just … Continue reading
Gremlins ate my blog post. This week I have been working on One Cheetah, One Cherry. I have been painting elephants and tigers and changing swans into pandas and owls into weasels. In between it all there was a random … Continue reading
History should teach us that no one has ever won a war. The war on terror is a powerful act of stupidity. This passage from Pillars of Light by Jane Johnson says so much. Vengeance is not justice. Vengeance is … Continue reading
It seems that November is #picturebookmonth. As a maker of picture books it is always good to know these things. As such I have decided to do a few posts on picture books, and have decided to begin with my … Continue reading
The last few weeks have been very difficult. The work has been difficult too. I have been ‘resting’ in the work for the counting book I am doing. Next on the drawing board should be owls, so I have gathered … Continue reading
When you work so hard on a book, weave into it thoughts, ideas, people, spend a year illustrating it then send it out into the world the waiting for what happens next can be a little agonising. Will it sink … Continue reading