Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
- The Secret of the Tattered Shoes illustrated by Ehsan Abdollahi
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Today I ground some pigment, Bideford black again, mixed with water from Dulverton leat and painted some hares. These are all for sale for the Crowdfunder in Devon. The pigment is so dark, and I am still trying to get … Continue reading
This, then, is for sale for The Lost Words in Devon. £250, words and gold leaf. It’s a walk at Abermawr in early summer. It is made from Chinese paper, typed on my dad’s old typewriter, stitched, using an old … Continue reading
I have not done today the things I meant to do. Dark and wet, cold and miserable, I begin to understand why swallows fly south before winter. This is no weather for owls. And although there is some comfort to … Continue reading
I travelled, leaving behind a small flock of swallows souls waiting to be stitched. I stayed for a while in a small house where I drew, and wrote and thought and watched the birds. The small house was a harbour … Continue reading
It’s the shape of a cat curl. It’s a golden dog on a high hill. It’s a grey dog with mischief on its mind. It’s a blue plate on a wall. It’s listening to wrens stitch the hedges … Continue reading
Far away from home, hiding in a beautiful house, over the last few days I have settled to work, although I find myself painting when I should be writing. I’ve hung a bird feeder in the garden and have been … Continue reading
Listen. Coming soon. It is beautifully crafted with sonic space and human voices. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr it Tweet about it Subscribe to … Continue reading
Days at home are precious. This is a short post, about two days, and about a book. Yesterday I took the dogs, walked through the woods and down to the sea. In this small part of the world where I … Continue reading
Comfort is so much what I turn to at the moment. I’ve a small book of grasses that I carry in my pocket, to learn the names of grass, and the comfort of books has always brought me peace. And … Continue reading