Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
It seems a long time ago. It certainly is many paintings back in time. Robert Macfarlane and I tentatively began a working relationship around the re-wilding of language. At least I think that is what is was about. I know … Continue reading
When I was young I had few books. The Orchard Book of British Folk Tales was one. This book of birds was another. I loved this book so much, the illustrations which I would slavishly copy, learning the shape of … Continue reading
Ever since I began working on my first picture book 25 years ago I have been learning my craft. When I first began I saw this simply as the art of drawing a story, responding to text, shaping a page, … Continue reading
A few days ago I posted a tweet requesting that if people wish to buy my books they do it from their local bookshop, please. It struck a chord with bookshops, authors, illustrators, but also drew some negative comments, which … Continue reading
Today is Mrs Noah’s birthday. Today she is launched out into the world. Here is more about her origins. Mrs Noah quietly goes about supporting what she believes in. She doesn’t argue. The nearest she gets to preaching it to … Continue reading
It’s late. I should be sleeping. Instead I am thinking of words and hares, and drawings. This haunts me. At Edinburgh Book Festival I bought one book. Listen, to the Brown Hare, by Gillian Clarke. It’s wonderful. May she haunt … Continue reading
The Lost Words, by Robert Macfarlane and myself is done now. Soon it will be released into the wild. As a picture book it is a collaboration of words, images. Both Robert and myself worked closely with each other and … Continue reading
She’s ten years old this year, The Snow Leopard. First published by Frances Lincoln children’s books. And they sold her to a French publisher, who astonished me with their beautiful edition. You see… ..La Panthere Blanche was bigger, and somehow … Continue reading
On 28th September, at Solva Woollen Mill, between the hours of 1 and 7pm we will be having a celebration of the launch into the book world of Mrs Noah’s Pockets, illustrated by James Mayhew, The Lost Words, written by … Continue reading