Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- A Year of Reading
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Too many ideas and not enough time, so I decided to breathe easy with another drawing while thoughts are gathered. I’ve so many things happening over the next few weeks, with new prints arriving, book launches, Edinburgh Festival with James … Continue reading
Busy. Trying to settle to work and get out of my own way. Frustrated by how little time I spend at the drawing board, because there are so many things to do, but, stopped in my tracks by this the … Continue reading
It has taken far too long to get this far, as life gets in the way now and again and Robin had a brief hospital visit and Pi had to go to the vets. Both patients are doing well. Trying … Continue reading
During a short holiday break, where internet access was joyfully reduced, on the occasions when a signal was achieved I discovered a disturbing story. The artist, Ehsan Abdollahi, who had been booked to speak at Edinburgh International Book Festival had … Continue reading
Hare with a new moon. Gold leaf and pencil. Stones, with gold leaf. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr it Tweet about it Subscribe to … Continue reading
This is heading to Robert Macfarlane. He, I hope, will write a goldfinch, across the stem of the teasel. Then it will begin an adventure. I love the remnants of gold. Often these are the pieces of my work … Continue reading
My friend Astrid makes things from wood. She made my front door, my garden gate. She also made my favourite spoon. Nervous that the spoon might be eaten by a dog, should I be careless with my precious, … Continue reading
The phrase ‘cultural appropriation’ rears its head every now and again. It’s understandable in some ways. Publishing has been for years a very white, very middle class industry, and the gatekeepers of publishing often reflect the world they know. There … Continue reading
Every year, for eighteen years, I have produced a card for Help Musicians. As each year passes it becomes more difficult, but this year’s image came in like a blast of vision. I’d spent a very hard year working on … Continue reading