Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Evening swim to relax became work when I saw feathers floating on the skin of the sea. The photographs were all taken from beneath the ceiling of the sea, looking up towards evening light. Later, with friends, we ate supper … Continue reading
in water… playing with paper boats. Watching the fall of light through water on my arm. Trying to catch the waves. Finding the silence in walking. The air is summer warm, the land is quiet. I am walking, feather brained. … Continue reading
In the sky a dark hole, the shape of a raven. On the beach, earth, air and water combined. On a rock, a fragile feather caught in seaweed. In the garden, true jewels on fennel flowers. Water. If you find … Continue reading
Cat Walk is released in September and copies can be ordered in advance, signed from Solva Woollen Mill, both book and calendar ( might have to email them for the calendar though). Meanwhile a few weeks ago the cats were … Continue reading
I drove. It was a long way, but not far off the motorway I came to a place of tall trees. A small village. I couldn’t follow the satnav and so I stopped the van and asked some people out … Continue reading
“Mary”, I said, “I’m tired.” “Me too,” said Mary. “It was fun though.” “Yes. What an adventure. Hard to think where to begin. So many exciting things.” “Start at the beginning,” said Mary. “Ok. Well, I was scared of flying, … Continue reading
A Kelpie is a Scottish water horse. Should you ever meet one do not be tempted to climb onto its back to ride as it will take you to water and drown you. It is a creature of myth and … Continue reading
On the underground. Poster. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr it Tweet about it Subscribe to the comments on this post Tell a friend
During a twitter conversation with Foyles Bookstore a couple of days ago I realised one of the reasons it had taken me seven years to find a publisher for Cat Walk was because it is ‘uncategorizable’. Foyles kindly sent me … Continue reading