Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Something About a Bear is on the shortlist for the Greenaway 2016. You can see a film of me talking about the book at the Greenaway site, read reviews from children of this and the other books on the list … Continue reading
I found the words for The Ice Bear while watching ravens fly. The idea and words for I am Cat came whilst watching cats sleeping and dreaming. The day before yesterday I found a dark story of a black for … Continue reading
Yesterday I worked too long at my computer, went to Solva Woollen Mill to sign some books and ended up selling more books than I usually do at a book signing, to very happy customers. Then I walked at St … Continue reading
As an artist and illustrator I have always thought of myself as self-employed. Reading The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver this morning ( always a good way to begin a day, reading for 30 minutes) I learned that as artists and writers … Continue reading
It began in 2000. No, it began the year before when I was asked to design a card for what was The Musicians Benevolent Fund, but I was too busy with other work, didn’t have time. So they came back … Continue reading
An idea came. Not all drawings need to be on paper. I went to the beach to draw a chair in the sand for #3000chairs. I drew fast, not worrying what it looked like. Then I drew another, further up … Continue reading
Over the last few days there has been a growing creative protest which started in Abergavenny when Nicola Davies wrote a story. No. It stated in The House of Commons, when our government voted against accepting 3000 unaccompanied children to … Continue reading
Down the beach today a small war was taking place on a table top. All day while the sun shone I had worked on this year’s Help Musicians Christmas card. When this is done the book is finished. I can … Continue reading
Yesterday my friend Nicola Davies asked if she could read something to me. I said yes. I love it when she calls and reads to me. I still remember the first time I heard her read The Promise. I was … Continue reading