Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Mrs Noah’s Pockets
- One Cheetah, One Cherry
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- The Lost Words; A spell of words by Robert MacFarlane.
- The Newborn Child
- The Quiet Music of Gently Falling Snow
- The White Fox
- The Wild Swans
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
On Sunday I will travel to London, stay in a hotel, sleep in the city. On Monday I will go to The British Library for the Greenaway and Carnegie awards. The Greenaway and Carnegie are two of the top awards … Continue reading
In medieval times there was a rare species of eelhound, bred for its hunting instinct, swift running, keen sight. Indeed they were a member of what is now known as ‘sight-hounds’. The breed came from two hounds found living wild … Continue reading
Yesterday I escaped my studio for the sea. Today, while I waited for paint to dry, I walked to the top of the hill with Rosie and Ivy. And the green lane is overgrown with flowers and stonecrop clings to … Continue reading
I’ve worked hard this week, my goal being to complete two books and take the morning off this morning. I’d booked a boat trip with Falcon Boats, off shore, out to where the Celtic Deep begins, in the hope of … Continue reading
The flowers at Hay Festival are always beautiful. This year there were banners with words from Shakespeare dotted around the site, made by students from Hereford College of Art. We had gone to watch King of the Sky, written by … Continue reading
…and a dog with a stick. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Share on technorati Tumblr it Tweet about it Subscribe to the comments on this post Tell a … Continue reading
If you are lucky you meet some remarkable people in your life. I met Robin in 2002. He just walked in to my friend’s house. Sarah and I were having a cup of tea while our children were at an … Continue reading
Something About a Bear is on the shortlist for the Greenaway 2016. You can see a film of me talking about the book at the Greenaway site, read reviews from children of this and the other books on the list … Continue reading
I found the words for The Ice Bear while watching ravens fly. The idea and words for I am Cat came whilst watching cats sleeping and dreaming. The day before yesterday I found a dark story of a black for … Continue reading