Ingredients: water in two vessels, one, a slightly tipped jar that makes me smile and reminds me of Bishopston School on the Gower, paper, pencil, putty rubber, watercolours-tubes not pans ( Winsor and Newton Artist Quality), gouache ( also Winsor and Newton), brushes, Arches hot pressed paper, drawing board, tape, imagination, reference books, some experience of lying down in the long grass and looking, a small knowledge of fragile moths and much practice.
Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.