Jackie Morris/ website etc
Things I love
Follow on Bloglovin’
- Artique, Tetbury. A small piece of India in the Cotswold Hills.
- Bears: 30 years of painting them.
- Book List.
- A Hole in the Sky
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon: in between the lines.
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- I am Cat: Walking through dreams.
- Something About a Bear.
- Song of the Golden Hare
- The Cat and the Fiddle
- Walking with Cats ( Working title)
- What’s all the paperboat stuff about? Or: Living with a Playful Heart.
- Books in their natural habitat.
- Day of the Desk.
- Dragons in Torquay Museum
- Exhibitions and Festivals etc.
- Fishing in a river a thousand miles away.
- Mary Bear and Friends.
- My paintings in their natural habitat
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
- The House of Golden Dreams.
Tag Archives: hares
It is always difficult to find the way in to a new book, and using new paints too. Settling to work when my head is full with woodblocks and lino doesn’t help. So, as I was painting the running of … Continue reading
Hares, harebells, a snail and a ladybird. For more information see The House of Golden Dreams. In Wales the hare is known as cath-y-coed, the cat of the wood. She is also called cath-hirdaeth, the cat who makes a long … Continue reading
Walking with the little wolves today. On the rock two peregrines were deep in conversation. They lifted as we came closer. I found a place in the shadow of the wind and lay in warm sun watching swallows and listening … Continue reading
Playing with ink and sketching for a painting, I decided that it was time to have a ‘giveaway’ on my facebook page. So, to win this drawing: go to The House of Golden Dreams, ‘like’ the page and share the … Continue reading
In descending order: Skulk: Red Fox. Japanese ink and brush on card. Two Sparrows: Japanese ink and brush on card. Fly: Japanese ink and brush on card. Hare: Indian ink and bamboo pen with Japanese ink and brush wash, on … Continue reading
This week has been frustratingly filled with distractions that prevented working, although today I settled to work on a couple of pieces for a secret project. Will post pictures but can’t say what they are for, at the moment. And … Continue reading